Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Update and a little Haiku

I haven't updated this for a while, and for good reason! I haven't really been bothered ever since the hectic Haloscan activity. It was quite nice getting more than 1 hit a month. Anyway, an update on my current technological situation. Ahem...

The desktop which I was (and still am) quite proud of is still here! [shock horror, it hasn't been upgraded]. It's specs are as follows, in case you didn't get it from my previous Ode:

Asus P5B Motherboard
Intel Core 2 Duo e6600 2.4GHz OC to 2.7GHz
OCZ Platinum 2GB 667MHz Memory
BFG 8800GTX 768MB Nvidia GFX
300GB 7200rpm Internal HDD
Windows Vista Home Premium

Which is just about adequate for my needs. I've also recently bought a laptop to fulfil my dualscreen and mobile computing fetishes. It's an old HP Compaq n620c. The nice people I bought it from gave me a free upgrade, it was supposed to be a 933MHz Pentium, but they gave me a 1.3GHz one instead. Much happiness!

Gold Star Award! To go back to my dualscreen point, I found a very nifty program called Synergy2. It allows you to use a secondary computer as if it was another monitor of the primary computer. What this means is that I can play Bioshock on my desktop (Bioshock is teh orsm) and chat to random friends on MSN using the same keyboard and mouse! Pretty awesome stuff imho although it's not totally like dualscreen, in that you can't drag a window across to the other screen. That would require a massive amount of coding and would be a waste of resources, like having two browser windows open on the same page.

I found out a very annoying thing about Vista Home Premium, it won't let me Remote Desktop Connect to it. Very annoyed... Oh well! I'll get around it somehow.

Oh Windows Vista
You cost me the world and more
And yet you still crash